James Wan‘s latest creepy and atmospheric horror flick, The Conjuring, has finally made it to Blu-ray and DVD this past Tuesday.
Today, we’ve got one free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack to giveaway to a lucky reader.
To win the contest you’ve simply got to do three easy things:
1. Like us on Facebook
2. Follow us on Twitter
3. Email me at Jeremy@TheDailyRotation.com with your full name and mailing address (contest open to residents of the U.S. and Canada only). Title the email “THE CONJURING GIVEAWAY”
That’s all you have to do to get that much closer to winning a free copy of what some consider the best horror film of the year.
I appreciated Wan’s latest effort, because the man knows how to maximize scares in an old-school fashion, but I also thought the film lacked in some areas that his previous works excelled in. Still, a really solid R-rated horror flick to get the blood boiling, especially in time for Halloween.
Read my full review here.
Also, check out this cool little interactive game and feel free to tweet about the film, using the hashtag #TheConjuring.
The Conjuring 5 Things to know… INTERACTIVE GIFS!
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet. Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!