Ever since the Blu-ray format was conceived, people started asking the same question. When is Pulp Fiction coming out? It’s Tarantino’s best movie and certainly his most popular. Tons of people have it in their top movies of all-time list and others simply consider it the best. What made it really odd was the fact that it was released in other countries on Blu-ray with spotty transfers. You would think that Miramax would want to jump on this release and get as much cash as they can since they’ve been struggling lately as a company. Lionsgate actually took over most of their classic titles for home video release.
IGN is reporting that Lionsgate will be releasing both Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown on Blu-ray on October 4th, 2011. Both films will be available for a very reasonable price of $19.99 each. Both films will include new 1080p transfers that were supervised by Quentin Tarantino himself, in addition to new lossless audio tracks.
This is really big news for Blu-ray fans! Now we can finally own a proper version of Pulp Fiction! It’s even better knowing that new transfers have been given to both films. I’ve never seen all of Jackie Brown, so I can’t comment on the quality of the film, but I do plan on buying both films on day one, primarily because Tarantino is a great filmmaker, but also because of the proper care that went into making these new discs!
Check out the specs of each title below.
- Retrospective Cast Interviews (New)
- Critics Corner: Then and Now (New)
- “Pulp Fiction: The Facts” featurette
- Deleted Scenes
- Behind the Scenes Montages
- Production Design featurette
- Siskel and Ebert “At the Movies” – The Tarantino Generation
- Independent Spirit Awards
- Cannes Film Festival – Palm d’Or Acceptance Speech
- Charlie Rose Show – Interview with Quentin Tarantino
- Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots
- Stills Gallery
- Critic’s Corner: Then and Now – (New)
- “Jackie Brown: How It Went Down” featurette
- “A Look Back at Jackie Brown” – Interview with Quentin Tarantino
- Chicks With Guns Video
- Siskel & Ebert “At the Movies” – Jackie Brown Review
- Jackie Brown on MTV
- Theatrical Trailer and TV Spots
- Stills Gallery